Changes in labor laws are a continuous process and the administrative framework is updated in order to address matters of importance to make the legislation more compelling, adaptable, and maintain harmony with the changing economic and industrial situation. The Government of India announced the National Policy on Safety, Health and Environment at Workplace (NPSHEW) which would play a significant role to set up and promote wellbeing and health culture. It is important to control the frequency of injuries caused during the course of daily work, sicknesses, fatalities, calamities and to improve the living standards of workers in the country. A few initiatives are taken for achieving the goal of wellbeing by holding different meetings, awareness camps, missions, grants and conducting surveys and so on Key highlights of the National Policy on Safety, Health and Environment at Workplace (NPSHEW)
The Aim of the PolicyThe Government believes that building and keeping up public preventive security and promoting the wellbeing of laborers is of great importance. To grow such a culture and to improve the security, wellbeing, and environment of the work, it is vital to meet some prerequisites and therefore this policy aims to take a step towards improvement in safety, health and environment at the workplace
- Reduce the incidence of work-related injuries and make a legal structure on Occupational Safety and Health concerning all areas of work, planning appropriate
- Creating community awareness regarding safety and a healthy environment at the workplace and encouraging the workforce, managers and representatives to accomplish higher wellbeing and security principles.
- Adopting a provision of the non-monetary impetus for development in security and wellbeing to meet increasing community expectation of safety standards at the workplace.
- Setting up successful control measures in hazardous places and encouraging “green jobs” that contribute towards sustainable enterprise development.
- Checking execution of plans through improved information assortment framework on wounds and illnesses.
- Creating and giving required specialized labor and information for wellbeing.